Brown's Pools & Spas
Brown's Pools & Spas is a Douglasville, Ga.-based company offering swimming pool design/building, retail and maintenance services.
And as a free service to new pool owners and newest clients, Brown's Pools & Spas offers a number of Pool School seminars each spring.
Brown's Pools & Spas has served the metro Atlanta and West Georgia areas since 1974. The company originated as a small, seasonal pool-chemical store, and has since added additional product offerings and services to its ever-growing market area. The firm has installed more than 3,000 inground pools since it's founding, with 50,000 customers visiting its retail store.
In 1974, the original Brown's location opened in Austell, Ga. By 1982, the firm has built its first inground vinyl pools, and opened its Douglasville location seven years later. The Carrollton store launched in '97, and the next year, Brown's became an authorized dealer of Marquis Spas.
Brown's further expanded in 2001, when the company purchased Swimco Pools in Dallas, Ga., and built a new facility for its existing Douglasvile retail store. In 2004, Brown's became a Doughboy Pools dealer.
Over the next few years, the firm built yet another store - this one in Newman, Ga., and constructed a new facility in Dallas as well. As of 2011, Brown's boasts five locations.
Offerings and Services
Brown's Pools & Spas currently serves all of Douglas, Paulding, Cobb, Carroll and Coweta counties in Georgia through its retail, service, and remodeling departments.
The firm also constructs new inground pools throughout all of the metro Atlanta area, as well as throughout northern Georgia and western Alabama.
In addition to offering a full stock of pool supplies and equipment at its retail locations, Brown's service department provides the following during weekly maintenance - performed by trained technicians:
- Check and balance all chemical elements
- Brush the entire surface of the pool, including tiled areas
- Vacuum, brush or net any dirt and debris
- Check filter pressure, backwashing or cleaning the cartridge as needed
- Empty bags on automatic cleaners (Polaris, Hayward, etc.)
- Service and maintain saltwater systems
- Check equipment for proper operation
Other services offered include:
- Pool openings and closing
- Sand changes
- Aboveground pool repairs and installations
- Mineral Springs and chlorine generator installations
- Automatic vacuum installations
- Freeze protector installations
- Chlorinator installations
- Light repairs
- Plumbing repairs
- Basic pool cleanup
- Pool drain and liner reset
- Pump repairs and replacements
- Timer installations
- Heater installation and repairs
- Slide installation
The company offers personalized maintenance quotes for commercial aquatics facilities as well.
Brown's Pools & Spas is a member of Member of the Association of Pool & Spa Professionals; the Better Business Bureau; and the Douglas, Paulding and Coweta Counties Chambers of Commerce.
The firm is also recognized as a BioGuard Platinum Dealer, four-time Kafko Dealer of the Year and a Doughboy Pools Premier Builder.
Corporate headquarters in Douglasville, Ga.
- Senior construction and sales manager – Vince Blasczyk
- Senior installation manager – Dale Cowling
- Remodeling sales and design – David Brown
- Service department manager – Tom Stapleton
- Service administration – Cheryl Akins
- Accounting administration – Karen Vickery
- Payables manager – Brenda Davis
- Retail and marketing general manager – Nathan Buchan
- Retail purchasing - Debbie Brown
- Retail manager – Jake Pitts
Newnan retail store
- Retail sales contact - Stephen Boswell
Carrollton retail store
Carrollton retail sales contact - Chris LaBouve
Dallas retail store
- Retail manager - Anthony Garcia
3472 Hwy. 5
Douglasville, GA 30135
Phone: (770) 942-0118
3285 Hwy. 34 E.
Newnan, GA 30265
Phone: (770) 755-6427
704 Bankhead Hwy.
Carrollton, GA 30117
Phone: (770) 838-0034
2116 Hiram-Acworth Hwy
Dallas, GA 30157
Phone: (678) 363-5277
4971 Austell Rd.
Phone: (770) 948-6467